1. When does registration start?
- Registration for Spring/Summer 2020 begins on November 1, 2019 at www.ggsl.org.
2. When does registration end?
- Registration ends on March 31, 2019; however, some teams will fill up long before then. Don’t wait to register!
3. How much are the registration fees?
- The regular registration fee for 2019 is: $50 for TYKES/6U; $75 for 8U and $110 for 10U and up.
- EARLY BIRD SPECIALS FOR 10U & up: Register in November, only $75! Register in December for $100!
4. Is there a sibling discount?
- Starting January 1, each sibling is $10 off (10U and up only)
5. When does the season begin?
- The summer program begins mid-May and runs through SoccerFest weekend, July 17-19. Games are at Marella Park in the town of Greece.
6. Can I get a refund?
7 What does my child receive from GGSL?
- Players will receive a jersey, shorts and socks for all age groups.
8. What equipment does my child need?
- Each player must have a pair of cleats, shin guards and a soccer ball.
9. When will the schedule be released?
- Schedules will be released by April 30, 2019. Games are primarily played on Monday - Thursday evenings, with some Fridays as makeups.
10. Can I volunteer to be a coach?
- If you are interested in coaching, please register on the website ASAP. Please indicate your child's name and level in the comments section.
11. When are practices?
- Practice times are determined by each coach at the start of the season. No extra practices are offered for TYKES or 6U.
12. Can my child play up (or down)?
- All players must play in the age-appropriate group (based on birth year) regardless of size or ability. This is a New York State West Youth Soccer Association rule.
13. Can I request a coach?
- You may make ONE team request. We cannot guarantee anything, but attempts will be made to honor requests, if they are made in the comments section on the registration and if registration is done before the deadline.
14. Can I request that my child be on the same team with another player (for carpool purposes, because they are neighbors, best friends, classmates, played together last year, etc.)?
- See above. You may request one player OR one coach.
15. Can travel players play on a GGSL team?
- MURSL does not allow travel players. Therefore, 16U and 19U girls may not have any travel players on teams. For boys, currently, 10U and 13U are enrolled in MURSL and may not have travel players. For all other age groups, travel players will be limited to 2 per team.